In a world of dying print and online everything, one notable holdout in the theatre world is the old paper program.
There’s nothing wrong with a paper program, but it is not necessarily the most effective way to transmit the information.
Drawbacks of paper include:
* You only get it moments before the show
* You can’t read it very well at the show
* You throw it out or lose it after the show
Clearly the better approach (perhaps in conjunction with a paper copy) is an online version.
Benefits of digital include:
* You can read the whole thing at length before you arrive at the theatre (or while you are there on your mobile or tablet)
* You can always go back afterwards and look at it again
* You can easily link to it and spread the info to others
* It just looks better
One of the digital platforms that allows the same attractive browsing of content online as in your hands is ISSUU.
Take a look at two programs for current Steppenwolf shows.